Facilities and Services Provided on Campus
- Computer workstations are provided for each Faculty and are open extra hours on Saturday and Sunday at the Computer Center.
- Multimedia facilities (with video and audio recording in soundproof studios) are provided in Building 14. In addition, Building 14 provides a Bakery shop, ATM machines, Cooperatives Grocery Store, Post office, Food center and Stationery as well as a Dermatology Clinic.
- A mini theatre and University Gallery are located in the Faculty of Fine Arts building.
- A photo shop provides overnight photo development and is located by the tennis courts.
- The Dental Clinic is located next to the Cafeteria. The Clinic provides high quality and complete dental care at reduced rates for students.
- The Medical Clinic is located next to the Presidential Building. The Clinic provides low cost medical treatment. It is open from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. It will be relocated to the SWUNIPLEX building in 2010.
- SWUNIPLEX, a business and retail complex to be opened in January 2010. The plaza will include banks, book stores, coffee shops, restaurants and more. It will be located on Asoke Road.
- Fitness room and gymnasium facilities are provided free of charge and are located in Building 14.
- Printing services are available in several locations throughout the campus such as in Buildings 2, 12, 15, and 19.
- Computerized Library Catalogue provides easy access to the Central Library holdings as well as those at other Bangkok universities such as Chulalongkorn and Kasetsart.
- Bank ATM machines are located in several convenient locations throughout campus.
- Thursday Market provides convenient and inexpensive bargain shopping and is a local tradition. It can be found every Thursday from 7:00 am to 5:30 pm in front of the SWU Secondary Demonstration School.
- Research Laboratories provide for every kind of research you can conjure up.
- The Dormitory at Ongkharak campus provides boarding accomodations for both international and local students.
- The Sirindhorn Medical Center at Ongkharak campus provides medical treatment for students, training for medical students and community health care services.
- The Visitor Residence provides comfortable boarding arrangements for visiting professors and international delegates.
- The Cafeteria provides a variety of delicious traditional Thai food for students, staff, faculty and locals at very reasonable prices.
- The Anatomy Museum provides anatomical models for exhibit and study.
Transportation Systems in Bangkok with Stops Near Prasarnmit Campus
- Buses on Sukhumvit Road.
Regular Bus No.: 1, 2, 8, 13, 25, 40, and 48
Air-conditioned Bus No.: 511, 13
Special Air-conditioned Bus No.: 6
- Buses on New Petchburi Road.
Regular Bus No.: 11, 23, 58, 60, 72, 93, 99,113, and 206
Air-conditioned Bus No.: 11,12, 23, 60, 72, 93, and 206
Special Air-conditioned Bus No.: 3, 10, 35
- Buses on Asoke Road.
Regular Bus No.: 38, 98 and136
Air-conditioned Bus No.: 136, and 185
- Boats on Sansaeb canal are available from 05.30 am. - 19.30 pm.
- The sky train (BTS) provides easy, fast and inexpensive transportation on two main roads and runs throughout downtown Bangkok: Sukhumvit, Silom and Phaholyothin. The closest station to campus is Asoke station which located at the corner of Sukhumvit and Asoke roads.
- The subway (MRT), Phetchaburi and Sukhumvit stations are close to the campus. From Phetchaburi MRT station, just leave through exit 2 (Asoke Pier) and walk along Asoke road for ten minutes. From Sukhumvit MRT station exit 2, you can either walk (15 minutes) or take a taxi through the end of Sukhumvit 23 to get to the campus.